Sunday, May 3, 2009

Still No Baby!

I know most of you must be thinking I had this baby and did not let you know... Well there is still no baby. I am over a week past my due date and still feeling pretty good, just pretty swollen and a bit uncomfortable. They have not induced bc I am not dilated at all. The dr. put me in the hospital Wednesday night to see if she could give me medicine to help me dilate and keep an eye on my blood pressure (it was slightly elevated Tuesday). They gave me the medicine twice with no luck so I went home Thursday morning. I went to the dr office Saturday to monitor the baby and check my BP and still was not dilated. Jay went with me bc we were going to talk the dr into admitting me but there was nothing he could do. So I go in Monday night, they try to give me the medicine again, if no luck 0 then I will have a C-section Tuesday. I dont want a C-section but as the dr put it "we are not dealing with a small child here". Jay is trying his hardest to get me to go into labor (I think we are climbing hills here in a little while) bc he really would like the baby to come today. We will see - nothing has worked. If all goes well, we will have a Cinco De Mayo Baby (how fitting bc it is one of my FAVORITE holidays).

Mom is still here - thank goodness!!! We have been so lucky to have her. Jay asked this morning if I would continue to make breakfast for him every morning, I told him to not count on it.

1 comment:

Followers